Instructions for Implantable Loop Recorder
Cardio Messenger (At Home Monitor)
- You do NOT need to touch your monitor unless the office asks you to do so. Your CardioMessenger is supplied ready for use, and you can operate it immediately by inserting the power plug into the wall outlet.
- At night, the CardioMessenger should be placed close to your bed to ensure the nightly data transfer from the implanted device.
- The CardioMessenger is to be placed on a solid base and positioned on the side you sleep on, no more than 6 ft away.
- However, if the bedside table is made of metal, place it directly on the table.
- The outlet must be easily accessible and should not be connected to a light switch in order to prevent the Cardiomessenger from accidentally being turned off.
- Connect the small plug (micro USB) on the right to the CardioMessenger. Insert the power plug into the wall outlet. The cardioMessenger now turns on automatically and performs a self-test
- The CardioMessenger is ready for use once the self-test is completed and an OK icon is displayed.
- Check once a day whether your CardioMessenger is powered on and ready for use.
- Since the CardioMessenger contains a mobile module, you may need to power off the CardioMessenger for safety reasons in areas where the use for cellular phones is prohibited.
- Press and hold on the right side of the CardioMessenger for two seconds until the display turns off.
- If the CardioMessenger is powered off for an extended period of time, data may be lost. After leaving the area where cellular phones are prohibited, power on the CardioMessenger again.
- Your implanted device remains fully functional even if the CardioMessenger is not ready for use.
- The Biomonitor III is MRI safe, it can be performed without any waiting period after injection, as the device is 1.5 T and 3.0 T full-body MR conditional.
- , if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 732-840-1900
- Do not put any lotions, ointments, creams, or powders on your incision unless told to do so by your physician.
- You may shower upon discharge (surgical site must stay dry for at least 24 hours).
- A scab normally forms on the site of the glue, do NOT itch or irritate it.
- If you feel any discomfort, you can take Tylenol to relieve it.
- Rest as much as you can for 48 hours. Refrain from overexerting the area directly around your incision site. You can go back to your normal activities as soon as you feel able.
- Call the office if any of the following occurs:
- Increased swelling or bruising at your incision site after 3 days
- Bleeding from your incision
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Chest Pain (if severe or persistent call 911)
- Dizziness, light-headedness, or syncope (loss of consciousness/pass out)
- Palpitations or feelings of an irregular heart rate
- Shortness of breath
If you are unable to reach us and you feel it is a medical emergency call 911. Keep your LOOP RECORDER ID CARD (it is inside the education packet in the monitor box) with you at ALL TIMES.